Beautylish LuckyBag 2018 - What you might get and what I had received.





It's that time of the year again!!

By the time I learnt about the Lucky Bag from Beautylish in early 2017, it had already sold out. :( I have always liked this kind of surprise packages hence I was determined to get one this year.

The official sale of Lucky Bag started on 26th December 9am PST. There were a total of 3 sessions - first session is open to VIPs who had spent $1000 and above; second session for those who had registered for early access and the third session is open only if there are remaining bags from the second session.

These lucky bags come in 2 sizes - Regular and XL, priced at $75 and $150 respectively. I had read that XL bags are more likely to be gone during the first session and it is only available within the US region. Oh well. Sometimes being left with no choice can be a blessing in disguise lol.

I had registered for the early access that started on 11am PST, which is 3am GMT here in Malaysia. Seriously. Believe it or not I called it a day at around 1.40am and had set my alarm at 2.55am for this sale but guess what? They decided to bring forward the sale time to 10am PST (2am GMT) so I was 1 hour late. Luckily there were still bags available else I would be so upset! (There were still bags left when I checked again at around 7am GMT.)

The first session also started 1 hour earlier and although Beautylish did send out email notifying the commencement of sale, not all people had seen it since nobody would have expected this sudden change on the event day itself. Those who had not read the email probably had missed the chance to score a XL bag too since they came in really limited quantity only. Many people were so upset over this and I guess I would too had I been eyeing on the XL bag.

Anyway I managed to grab hold of 1 bag and had paid $20 for international shipping. So the total of this bag is $95. DAS ESSPENSIVE.

Beautylish promised to ship the Lucky Bag by/on 13th January 2018. I received the shipping notification on the 13th and it arrived on the 15th. I am impressed, again.

Before the bag arrived, I had been checking on Instagram to see what people were getting. There were so many variations and I had only seen probably 1-2 repeated bags among hundreds of them. While browsing through them I was secretly wishlisting items of my bag but when I opened mine I was really.... disappointed. :(







There are 7 items in my bag:
- Skindinavia The Makeup Finishing Spray (Bridal) $39
- Becca Glow On The Go (Moonstone) $20
- Niod Sanskrit Saponins $50
- Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette 5 (Holiday Edition 2 - Aeries) $48
- Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick (Chrysanthemum) $18
- Wayne Goss brush (Eyeshadow Blending Brush - 18) $27
- Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes - $29

Total value: $231

In general, there will be 6-7 items in one bag. You will definitely receive a Wayne Goss brush and a palette (face/eyeshadow). The remaining items will depends on which palette you receive since it contributes to majority of the value of your bag. If you receive a more expensive palette, the rest of the items will then be of lower values.

They promised the value of Regular Bag to be $150 and above hence I had no issue with this. I came across someone who had received a Jouer powder highlighter gift set, a Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit and a Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette 5, a Charlotte Tilbury liquid lipstick, a Wayne Goss eyeshadow blending brush, an Oribe hair spray and a Sulwhasoo face mask. I was hoping to get this bag but...... NOPE. :(

Another bag that I saw contained a Viseart 12-pan eyeshadow palette. It would be great to get it too since I really cannot bring myself to spend $80 on one freaking eyeshadow palette! I also saw that some received a Natasha Denona Lila Palette O-M-G!!

I was so upset not getting what I wanted but then I took a look at what I had gotten again and realized, they were actually of pretty good mix. Why?

1. There was item that I had considered getting.
I almost bought the Becca set during the holiday season but never did because I liked the Liquid Shimmering Skin Perfector yet I already had the powder hightlighter in Moonstone.

2. There was item from brand that I have been wanting to try.
I had heard really good stuff about Niod and this product will be a good introduction to this brand.
The Natasha Denona eyeshadow palettes have always been highly-raved about and the one that I received is of shade that I actually wear.

3. There was item that I knew is good but will never buy because of the hefty price tag.
Charlotte Tilbury products are fantastic but I was not someone who splurge on high end mascara. Now I get to try it!

4. There were items that have really good reviews that I have never tried before
I am not into Jeffree Star Cosmetics but I knew their liquid lipstick are great.
The Skindinavia setting spray is setting-spray-queen-Kathleen-Lights-approved and now I get to try it first hand. I do not normally use a setting spray so let's see if this will change the way I set my makeup forever lol.

Now come to think of it, even if I received the ABH Glow Kit or the Jouer highlighter set, I might not be using all of them as some could be too dark for my skin tone. Also I do not wear eyeshadows of purple hue, which are the stars of the Lila palette. Hence it could be a good thing that these items go to someone who would appreciate them more than I do.

I am so glad that I decided to do this post because after all these reasoning I found myself quite happy with my Lucky Bag and I would love to get another one again next year.

Last but not least, let's see what other products Beautylish has picked for the Lucky Bag 2018. These might not be all but I believe I have covered most of them:


ANASTASIA BEVERYLY HILLS
- Prism Eyeshadow Palette
- Glow Kit

ANNA SUI
- Hair Color Chalk Set

ARDENCY INN
- Modster Manuka Honey-Enriched Pigment
- Modster Smooth Ride Supercharged Eyeliner

BECCA
- Under Eye Brightening Corrector
- Apres Ski Face Glow Palette
- Backlight Priming Filter
- Velvet Blurring Primer
- Shimmering Skin Perfector Slimlight Highlighter
- Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid
- Beach Tint
- Powder blush
- Blushed with Light Palette

BIODERMA
- Micellar water

BY TERRY
- Sun Designer Palette (Savannah Love)
- Stylo Blackstar
- Liquid Velvet Lipstick

CHARLOTTE TILBURY
- Instant Look In A Palette (Smoky)
- Matte Contour Liquid Lipstick
- 24K Gold Bar Highlighter

CLEAN APOTHECARY
- Brush shampoo

COVER FX
- Prmer
- Perfect Setting Powder
- Prime & Set Set

HYLAMIDE
- HA Blur

INDIE LEE
- Brightening Cleanser
- Lotion CoQ10

IT COSMETICS
- Je Ne Sais Quoi Face Palette 

JEFFREE STAR
- Skin Frost Highlighter
- Androgyny Eyeshadow Palette

JOUER
- Skinny Dip eyeshadow palette
- Skinny Dip lip topper
- Powder Highlighter gift set
- Powder Highlighter

KEVYN AUCOIN
- Celestial Skin Liquid Lighting
- NEO Setting Powder

NATASHA DENONA
- Lip Palette 5
- Eyeshadow Palette 5 (Permanent)
- Eyeshadow Palette 5 (Holiday)
- Body Glow
- Lip Color
- Blush Duo
- Lip Gloss

NUDESTIX
- Lip Gloss

OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE COSMETICS
 - Single Eyeshadow
- Lip Tar Liquid Lipstick

OMOROVICZA
- Thermal Cleansing Balm

Oribe
- Swept Up Volume Powder Spray
- Wave and Shine Spray
- Daily Ritual Cream Face Cleanser
- Lila Eyeshadow Palette

RCMA
- No Color Powder

RMS
- I saw it in a photo but could tell what it is

SMITH & CULT
- Nail Lacquer

STILA
- Liquid eyeshado

SULWHASOO
- Face mask

THE ORDINARY
- Caffeine Solution
- High Adherence Silicon Primer

VISEART
- Theory Palette

Wayne Goss
- Single Brush
- Brow Brush Trio

Z-PALETTE
- Large empty palette


Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the bag you received. Have a great and lucky 2018 ahead!


























You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe