Hauliday 2017 from US/TW/HK - Beauty Bay, Cult Beauty, Tarte, Lookfantastic, Mac, Target, Sephora, Sigma




This is really late but I thought I should probably document this Hauliday because I went overboard (again).

okayyyyy

I placed a couple of orders during the Black Friday Sale period on Beauty Bay, Cult Beauty, Tarte, Lookfantastic, Mac, Target, Sigma and Sephora. Stuff that I got during my trip to Hong Kong and Taiwan are also included since they were purchased around the same period.

Now only did I realize I really bought A LOT opppps.



This was my first ever purchase from Beauty Bay. I was lucky to have placed order when the Black Friday sale had just started because 2 days later there was a virtual queue to get into the website! Even when I finally got into the site, many popular items were already sold out.

I managed to meet the free shipping requirement so the package was sent to my directly. It came in a sturdy cardboard box and everything was securely bubble-wrapped. They also filled the void spaces with papers so the items do not move around which often leads to damages.



I finally got the Dose of Colors eyeshadow palette in Baked Brown, which I had been eyeing on for the loooooooongest time. Also bought 3 foiled eyeshadows from Makeup Geek in shades Grandstand, Legend and Flame Thrower. The qualities of these shadows were beyond stunning.


This was again my first purchase from Cult Beauty and I was really unimpressed by the packaging.

Everything was shipped alllllll the way from the UK and they did not even use a proper box. There were essentially just 2 pieces of cardboard to sort of wrap up the contents. I really appreciate that there was additional bubble wrap for the more fragile item like the Jouer powder highlighter.

The Ordinary Serum Foundation gives this really natural finish but unfortunately it did not work well on my combo skin under this climate. Also I finally bite the bullet and got the (really expensive) by Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-powder which I am excited to see how it wears.

I had worn the Huda Beauty liquid lipstick once and was surprised that I did not like it. I should probably give it another chance since it was so highly raved about.

The Becca primers are also something that I had been wanting to try. I was so happy that they came in deluxe sizes!

For the Jouer highlighter in Citrine, that's intense. Highly recommend if you are looking for a highlighter that can blind someone miles away.


 
This order was placed directly on the tarte website and they ship internationally (to selected countries). It came in a box but I wish there was bubble wrap because boy is eyeshadow fragile. I was glad that my palettes arrived safe and sound.



I was debating if I should get the toasted palette since I had bought the UD Naked Heat palette. After tons of research I found this palette offers more mid tone shades which I think makes the palette more wearable on a day-to-day basis.

The Don't Quit Your Day Dream eyeshadow palette is also one that I had been contemplating on getting since it was launched months ago. It is an Ulta-exclusive item and I could not meet the free shipping requirement of tarte website back then so it was put on hold. The shades are even more gorgeous in person.



This was the package from Lookfantastic. I did not know they were under the umbrella of The Hut Group so it took me a while to figure out what the contents were fml.

If you give a close look, he packaging design was quite interesting and secure. Part of the box had to be torn off in order to open so it makes it easy identify if the package had been tampered during transit.

These are my 4th, 5th and 6th tube of the Balance Me Pure Skin Face Wash. I bought 3 during the last sale and it was time to replenish my stock. Yes they are that good.

However, they recently revamped the packaging and I did notice slight difference in the scent. Not too sure if they made changes in the formulation too. Nonetheless it still works great and I will definitely repurchase until I get sick of them lol.

I got the really good deal of 3 for 2 and there was additional 25% discount so that brought the final price to around 50% off.



I had placed a total of 3 orders on Mac online store and these were 2 of them. I bought some powders and lippies when there was 25% off and had to place another order when the gift with purchase was a full size brush!



Placed order for this Whisper of Guilt set when I learnt that it had been sold out at my local Mac store. Mac really nailed it this Christmas (2017) because the entire collection was so stunning.



There were stuff from Sephora and Target.

I try not to buy things from Sephora US because while the pricing is lower than Sephora MY or SG, there is additional 5% service fee to pay because they do not ship to freight forwarder and I have to take into account the international shipping. Hence I usually only purchase items that I am unable to obtain locally, such as brands that are only available in the US.

List of items:
YSL Tatouage Couture Liquid Matte Lip Stain #23
This is the new liquid lipstick which I love love love! The best liquid lipstick I have come across so far. I also bought the popular shade #16 later but am liking #23 more.

YSL Vinyl Cream Lip Stain #407 
I have always been a matte lippie kinda girl until I tried this. The shine it gives is just right and the shade is gorgeous!

NARS NARSissist Unfiltered Cheek Palette 1
I wanted to get it in Malaysia but it had been sold out. :( Palette 1 is probably more suited for darker skin tone but it works for lighter skin tone too with a light hand. I like that this palette offers wider range of shade than Palette 2.

Olehenriksen Truth Serum (mini)
I have been curious about this brand hence gotten this serum to try out first.



E30 is such a great pencil brush that I have to have a back-up. Getting the small blending brush E36 for more precise application.



Finally got my hands on this Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder! It always went out of stock quickly during the 20% sale and I was thrilled to secure one. The lip liner from Kat Von D was really really good and this set was going at 50% off hence getting it was truly a no-brainer.



Purchase from sephora.sg.



I was pleasantly surprised that Sephora SG now carries Natasha Denona. The highlighter has been sitting on the top of wish list for too long and I guess it's time to bring it home.

There are times when I want to get outta house quick and powder foundation will be a better option than liquid foundation since there is no need for setting. After checking out several reviews, this foundation seems to fit my needs better and I hope it will work well. Yes it is still sitting in my drawer.....



My Taiwan beauty loots.

The big palette on the left is the Color Filter Shadow Palette from Korean brand Missha. It was so popular in Taiwan that it was always out of stock. Hence I was really excited to spot it on the shelf and decided to get it after trying out.

Media is a Japanese drugstore brand that offers wide range of products at affordable price. The eyebrow pencil was a repurchase and I also bought the loose powder that comes with SPF. I intend to use it on the body to offset that tacky feeling of sunscreen. It is a great drugstore loose powder for the face too if you are unwilling to splurge on high end ones. 

The little pencil in peach color is a really really cheap yet (supposed to be) good brow pencil from Neuve, a brand under Kanebo. It is only RM10 I think so no harm trying.

Also gotten the Canmake eyeshadow which is said to be a dupe of the Chanel eyeshadow #268. I have the Chanel #268 but this Canmake eyeshadow was also out of stock everywhere hence I had to buy it when spotted the last piece on shelf.  

I KNOW.

Another popular Japanese brand, Excel, is finally available in Taiwan now. The products are considered pretty expensive for a drugstore brand and they do not participate in any sale event. Hence I decided to get them in HK instead and only bought this limited edition loose powder.



Finally the last batch. This entry is so long I kinda regret doing it.

Beauty haul from Hong Kong.

Eye brow pencils, eyeshadow quad and the eyelash curler are all the bestsellers of Excel which SO many people raved about. I had wanted to buy them previously but never did because they were so pricey I was not sure if they worth it. This time round I finally bit the bullet (again) because I kept seeing great reviews of them I had to try them out. The brown Excel handheld mirror was a gift with purchase.

I love the Giorgio Armani Lip Magnet so much that I bought another shade #403 at the airport. Highly recommend if you are looking for liquid lipstick.



Okay I am officially out of vocabulary so that is all from me! *turns around and look at stuff I bought over the weekend....









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe