Warm like fire: Urban Decay Naked Heat Eyeshadow Palette - FINALLY IN MALAYSIA!




I have lost count of the number of warm eyeshadow palettes that had been released in year 2017 alone. As if it was not enough, now we have yet another new one. And I bought it. Again.

Oh well.

The original Naked palette is the very first eyeshadow palette I have ever purchased in my life. When I was in search of an eyeshadow palette back then, the Naked palette immediately came to my mind because it was that highly raved about by almost all beauty gurus. After trying it out myself I had to say it did live up to its hype and I was happy with it. Subsequently Urban Decay also released a few other palettes but none of them caught my attention until this one. Look at that color combo! They are right up my alley I cannot. 'I WANT TO BUY THIS!', I thought.

This palette was released in the US first around late June and it would not be available in Malaysia until 13th July. I kind of calmed down a little while waiting for it to come lol and actually had decided not to get it then. In my opinion the shades in this palette are not really unique, which are pretty dupe-able, and quality is also not out-of-this-universe kind of exceptional that I really had to get my hands on it. Also the pricing. It is freaking RM230 for an eyeshadow palette, which is definitely on the pricier side among all higher-end brands. I do not care how much product I am getting because I will not be able to hit pan let alone using up the entire palette so the amount does not really matter. What I know is I am paying RM230 and I get one eyeshadow palette.

Now you ask why I still bought it after all these looooong story?

Do not get me wrong. I still stand firm on what I had mentioned but....

Yes the famous BUT.

I could not bring myself to ignore the fact that I really like the shades in this palette. All of them. How often is it that you actually like and are sure that you will use all the shades in a palette instead of just some of them? The sturdy packaging also makes it a great travel essentials and not to forget the brush that comes with it. Some brushes that comes with the palette are of no use but this is not the case. In addition, I do not really own any eyeshadow palette that comes in similar color scheme like this.

Oh wait a minute.
 
I think I DO own something similar.

 *searching drawer*

Morphe 35O is actually quite similar to this palette. I so rarely reach for it that I totally forgot about its existence oppss. :x

Anyway, basically I got it mainly due to personal preference and knowing that I will enjoy it a lot. Simple as that. RM230 is steep but it is still not extravagant in my personal opinion.

Is it worth RM230?

And my answer.... no.

It is mainly ecause I can easily create very similar eye looks with the Morphe 35O palette. We all know that while these shades might look different when swatched, you will not be able to tell much difference when applied to the eyes. Why spend RM230 when you can achieve similar results with maybe just half the price? Quality-wise, yes Naked Heat is great but I would say Morphe 35O is not that far away either.

While I think it is not worth RM230, I did not regret getting it either because I really like it and enjoy it a lot. It is not worth spending even just RM1 if you do not like what you are buying. No?

Okay end of story now let's see some details of the Naked Heat palette.







The palette consists of 12 shades of mainly warm reddish and brownish tone.







 
The dual-ended brush that comes with the palette. One end is flat while the other is round and tapered.






It is contained in a box which comes with a sleeve. The above is the front of the sleeve and below is the interior of the box.

Anybody else find the burnt matches idea hilarious?!






The back.

Some people really like the packaging and it is also one of the reason why they are drawn to buying it but for me..... I think the external packaging is nice but not the palette itself.

Is it just me or the naming is just....... weird?

I do not understand why it goes under the Naked family when apparently these hues has nothing much to do with the original idea of the Naked palette.







Finally the swatches.

Left - Right:
Ounce / Chaser / Sauced / Low Blow / Lumbre / He Devil / Dirty Talk / Scorched / Cayenne / En Fuego / Ashes / Ember

OH SO PRETTY.

All of the shades is smooth, pigmented and easy to blend. Matte shadows are relatively more difficult to make and very often they can be dry and patchy, especially for darker colors, but I do not see such issue in this palette although certain shades appeared slightly patchy in the photo. (Seeing is not believing!) Matte shadows in this palette are less pigmented than shimmery one but they are definitely buildable. Personally I prefer medium pigmentation since I am of no expert and it allows better control of application. Make sure to use a light hand when applying the shimmery shades because the pigmentation can be really overwhelming especially the shade 'Scorched', which is a foiled metallic shade that is crazily smooth and pigmented!

I normally apply Primer Potion eyeshadow primer on the eyes and with it these shadows last well throughout the day without any creasing. The did fade a little but not really noticeable.

Last but not least, I apologize if you were expecting any eye looks because....... I do not want to turn you away from this palette with my lousy skills lol. I will definitely update if I manage to get any satisfactory results.

Thanks for reading and I hope this entry has been helpful. Else... please google for another review lol.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe