Good for Malaysian weather? Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless Compact Powder Foundation




The Maybelline Fit Me range has finally landed in Malaysia! 

In the US, Maybelline has launched liquid foundations, pressed powder, blushes, concealers and recently, loose powder, for this Fit Me range but only the liquid foundations, pressed powder and concealers made it to our shore for now.

Both the liquid foundation and pressed powder come in two types: Dewy+Smooth or Matte+Poreless. From the name you can tell the Dewy+Smooth is great for those with dry skin while the Matte+Poreless is targeting consumers with combination to oily skin who would very much appreciate their foundation to be mattifying. Unfortunately Maybelline Malaysia only brought in the Matte+Poreless type at the moment. That is not necessarily a bad news for me since I'm a combination-to-oily girl. :D

I got the pressed powder only as shade 120 of the liquid foundation was a tad too dark to my liking and the lightest shade, 115, is of pink undertone which will look dark on my yellow undertone skin. I had the concealers too and will probably talk about it in another post.

This pressed powder comes in 10 shades:
#110 - Porcelain
#120 - Classic Ivory
#130 - Buff Beige
#220 - Natural Beige
#222 - True Beige
#230 - Natural Buff
#235 - Pure Beige
#310 - Sun Beige
#320 - Natural Tan
#330 - Toffee 

I picked up the shade #120 Classic Ivory which is the lightest yellow-undertone shade available. I am in between NC15 to NC20 so you might not be able to get a matching shade if you are wayyyyyyy fairer than I am. 



 
 

The pressed powder is housed in a square, black plastic case which comes with a good-quality mirror and a sponge. The case is pretty lightweight but not in a cheap way. I liked the sponge too - it is the denser type which picks up more powder hence definitely helps giving more coverage during application.

Despite being in a square container, the powder pan and the sponge are both round just in case you are curious lol.




 

The back of the case.

It contains 8.5g of product for RM45.90.



Using It As Powder Foundation


Left Bare fac
Middle Right after application, without any primer underneat
Right 4 Hours after application
Skin Type Combination-to-oily: T-zone and cheeks area can get oily whereas the rest of the face is dry.

In this image I applied the powder with a brush, and wore it for around 4 hours I stayed mainly indoor with air-conditioner on. As you can see from the 'After' image, I did look kinda matte and poreless which was amazing because I have visible pores that every girl just could not wait to get rid of. :(

There was shine after 3-4 hours' wear around the nose and cheek area but knowing how much oilier my face can get, I must say this product actually did a pretty good job in oil-control.


 
Left Bare face
Middle Right after application, without any primer or foundation underneath.
Right 7 Hours after application
Skin type Combination-to-oily: T-zone and cheeks area can get oily whereas the rest of the face is dry.

For this time, I used the sponge that comes with the powder. Very clearly the pore remained quite visible despite having multiple layers of product applied. When you apply with a brush, the bristle aids in buffing powder into the pores hence diminishing their appearance, which is not achievable with a sponge though. Hence I would suggest you use a brush to apply this powder if you want your pores to be covered up.

This time round I wore the powder for 7 hours and as usual my face became oily at the end of the day. That said, the makeup still look pretty good though - not patchy, cakey or whatsoever. I simply blotted off the oil with a tissue and I was good to go again. The drier part of my face did not experience any tight feeling at all and the powder did not settle into any fine lines I have.


Using it wet?
I tried using it with a damp beauty blender and it worked pretty well too. The powder on the pan did not cake up, which happens when powder get wet, when in contact with the damp beauty blender. I also noticed that the powder adhered to the skin better when used wet but not much difference on the coverage.

For these two wear tests, I stayed indoor most of the time without air-conditioner. I tried wearing it when I needed to get outta house to run some errands and the shine started to peek through in around 2 hours under around 32 degree C but in no way the makeup was melting or was it getting blotchy.

I do not normally sweat much hence no comment on sweat resistance of this product.

From how it wore on its own I did not like it as a powder foundation due its low coverage. On the other hand, it worked great as a setting powder and that is probably what this product was created for. It did not look heavy on top of the liquid foundation and set the foundation well so they do not budge but I did not notice very significant oil-controlling though. This powder is great for setting under-eye area too since it is not too drying and does not crease or settle into fine lines.

It did oxidize slightly but not to the extent where my face turned one shade darker.



Final thoughts
This Fit Me Matte + Poreless pressed powder really lives up to its hype as it performs almost like a high-end product but only at a fraction of its cost. The powder is so finely milled that I was a little shocked when I touched it for the first time.

On the packaging, it claims:
1. Natural poreless-looking finish
Not really unless you use a brush to apply. By using the sponge you might end up with a really thick layer of powder in order to achieve a poreless complexion.
 
2. Up to 12-hour wear
I have never worn it for such long hour hence no comment on this.

3. Long lasting shine control
Yes. My face was less oily when I had this powder on (on its on) but an oil-control primer will definitely increase its longevity.


All in all I think this product is still worth a try. I hope Maybelline will bring in the loose powder soon!





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe