High end quality with drugstore price tag: Colourpop Yes, Please Eyeshadow Palette






This eyeshadow is so popular that after having restocked for 3 times (and all sold out within.... 1hour?), there are still people waiting for the next re-restock. I wonder why this palette is so highly sought after?

Anyway I got mine during the last restock. The launch time was 10am PST which is around 1am GST. I did stay up for the launch but to be honest I had not had my mind made up about getting this palette until 12.55am. I KNOW.

In the end I bought it thinking.... buy first think later since I can always sell it. It's only $16! :x





Name of each shade are printed on the back of the packaging.






I was very surprised when I first saw the palette.

Not that it was smaller than expected but I have always thought the shadows are housed in white cardboard packaging but it is actually in light grey color. Now you know how much brighter most photos on the internet are than in actual. Not just brighter but A LOT BRIGHTER.

Also, errrrr sorry I do not think this light grey color goes very well with the bright yellow font.






This palette consists of 12 mostly warm shades. Each pan contains 0.85g of product hence you get 10.2g in total for $16.

It works out to be $1.56/g - just in case you are curious about how much you pay for each gram of product. You are welcome.

Again like what I said in the Naked Heat palette post, I do not usually care about the price-per-gram but rather, the amount I pay for this item as a whole. No doubt that the pricing of this eyeshadow palette is great - $16 for 12 shadows, comes in a sturdy cardboard box with magnetic closure. I was fine with no brush included since good brush does not come cheap and I would rather not have it if the quality is not going to be great.






Left - Right; Top - Bottom:

Full Zip / Big Cocktails / Champs / Bling
Louie / Butter Cake / Spoiled / GNO
Mischief / Note To Self / Chauffeur / French Kiss

Many say this is like a drugstore dupe of the Sunset Palette by Natasha Denona and I totally agree although I do not own the Sunset Palette. Both palettes give the red, yellow and orange sunset vibes that are so unique one can easily spot the similarities.






Finger swatch.
Photo was taken under natural light.

L-R:
Full Zip / Big Cocktails / Champs / Bling / Louie / Butter Cake / Spoiled / GNO / Mischief / Note to Self / Chauffeur / French Kiss

The first color, Full Zip, is so similar to my skin color you need to look really carefully for the color to show up.

It took a couple of layers (except for the 4th shade, Bling, which is amazing) to achieve the intensity in this photo. If you watched the swatches videos done by Colourpop, did you notice how hard and how many rounds they swirled the fingers on the pan before swatching? They always emphasized that it is just one swipe but hey, nobody applies eye shadows like how they do fingers swatches. You definitely need to build up the colors by slowly layering them on.

You will be able to achieve the colors shown in pan, except for the last shade, French Kiss. It can become slightly patchy while trying to build up the intensity. Note To Self can be a little patchy too when too much is applied but I find it slightly more blendable than French Kiss.

The rest of the shadows are really smooth and easy-to-blend. They are not as soft or loosely packed as Lorac Pro/Modern Renaissance eyeshadows, which is great because there will not be kick-up when you dip the brush in and then potentially create fall-outs while applying to the eyes. Simply wet the brush to bring the intensity of shimmery shades to a whole new level. TIPS! No need Mac Fix+, just water mist will do.

One thing I do not like about this palette is the lack of more darker-shade options. Otherwise there really is not much to complain about in my humble opinion - there are both matte and shimmery shades; light, medium, dark colors for the base, crease or lid; comes in a compact size and is lightweight which are great for travel with and the best part: wallet-friendly.






Let me present you my sunset eye to end this post.  
Please pardon my amateur skill thank you very very much. T_T







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe